Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Flare

The first word that pop out off my mind when I saw these outfit shots is flare. I don't why but I have this adoration for flared skirts like these. Sometimes, the puffy-er the better. They bring out a certain vibe of youth and effortlessness. Effortless chic, as they say. And it was just a lucky coincidence that we happened to both wear flared dresses that time! We used to think that we should wear outfits of the same style more often when we're together. But I guess we don't even have to plan them anymore, we usually end up wearing colors of the same family or styles of the same trend. We really are somehow twins by heart, soul and passion, aren't we?


Most of the time, Char and I commute (take the bus or MRT) to go to these events. We are (just like Ms. Anagon the fashionista-commuter!). That's why I always choose to wear an easy-go flattering dress. In this outfit, I belted it up with Cole Vintage, and matched it with my new nude Forever 21 platforms. My outfit wasn't really planned. It was a last minute decision to pair the pieces. I'm really glad that it turned out quite well. *grins* -Nina






Cole Vintage belt
Forever 21 pumps
I have three takes on this outfit. First, zipped-up jacket. Second, open-zip. And third, no jacket. It's amazing how the effect of just simply zipping your jacket can change the whole vibe of your look. Since I can't decide at home which one to go with, I decided to do all three during the night.

Zipping up the jacket gives the illusion of having the jacket as your top, making the whole look as a two-piece.


Bayo leather jacket

The open-zip gave the outfit that whole rocker chic edge.



The no-jacket look was cleaner, youthful and happy. It shifted the mood entirely from fierce to fresh.
Oasap dress
Impulse Co necklace
Landmark tulle skirt (underneath)

 Nails by Chic Nails (Orly Lemonade and Orly Snowcone)
Wedges by Rajo! for SM Parisian (read my post about how I won these pair here!)
Which mix among the three do you like best?






CharNina's bestfriend, Chriza.








Follow me on GifBoom (AppStore) @thisischarmaine


XX.


8 comments:

Momo said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply]

What can I say? Lovely!! ah no.. Lovelies!!! :D

At kineri niyo pa umupo sa sahig ah? LoL :D
Fun pics! :D

Char said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply]

@MoMo Hihi thanks mo! :)

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply]

Lovely! I can tell you had fun doing the shoot :)

Char said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply]

@Geoffrey Ledesma We did! :) Thank you!

Joanne said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply]

Aww. You both look really pretty with your outfits. I love seeing girls wearing dresses and skirts. And nina, your shoes is so adorable! :)
And by the way, I'm back in blogging with a new url. Hihi.

-Joanne
www.rainbowdreeeams.blogspot.com

Char said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply]

Thank you @Joanne! Will visit your blog soon! :)

Elilea said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply]

Haha! Omg ang cute niyo. Love I like the outfits. :)

Char said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply]

Thanksss @Elilea :)

Post a Comment

Hey! Drop us a message!
And don't forget to come back and see our reply. :)

XOXO,
Char and Nina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Char and Nina. 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger.